Monday, May 17, 2010

Staples are for paper

Aren't they? The thought of having staples in my skin still gives me the hee-bee-gee-bee's! The week after my surgery whenever I washed, I had to get my husband to wash my incision. I could not even look at it.
The nurse came to our house to remove the staples. This was the day I had been waiting for! I just knew once those awful pieces were out of me I would feel that much better!
It was not to be. She put some sterile strips across the incision and told me they would come off in 5 days or so. They did. I still wasn't feeling any better.
Breastfeeding was still a struggle so I kept up with pumping my milk as I had done in the hospital. Like any new mother, I was bewildered and exhausted! I just couldn't get over the amount of terrible pain I was having. I knew recovery from a section would be a much longer process, but I didn't realize what was in store. They say that you are usually back to yourself after six weeks though. The countdown was on!

No comments:

Post a Comment