Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On pins and needles

My next appointment with my doctor is tomorrow morning. I have my literature ready to present to her. I really think I may be dealing with endometriosis from the surgery. From my research, it is more common than thought, but often only diagnosed in 1 - 5 patients out of 1000! No wonder my doctor said she was baffled and has never seen a case like mine before. She is a young doctor and not every birth is cesarean, so she probably hasn't seen this before. Apparantly, she's not the only one.
I have read the stories of other women going through exactly the same thing as me. Same symptoms, same negative test results, and same opinions from doctors. Many aren't diagnosed until many years later. I really hope I'm not years sorting this out. I will lose my mind! I am going to ask her for a requisition for an MRI as well. Perhaps that will show something. I will have to shell out the money and get it done in the US though. (If it's good enough for "our Danny" it's good enough for me!)
I wonder if he will let me stay in his Florida condo?

No comments:

Post a Comment