Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Baby #2

So just as I had suspected, I was pregnant and PAIN FREE!!!! It was good! I was already in with Dr. X so he just followed me through my pregnancy and we set a section date. On November 9, 2012 we welcomed our baby boy into the world! We couldn't be happier! After the surgery, it seems my uterus has the consistency of "papar mache" according to the doctor. Each time they went to stitch me up, it fell apart. That explains the massive hematoma I had on my abdomen. (5 months later and the bruising is still there!) My hemoglobin dropped as well. A lot. But I eventually got back to normal, somewhat. I was happy that my recovery was going so much better than the first time! Then my period returned. Sweet merciful crap!!!! I have never bled like that in my life! I couldn't move for the pain. I had to get my mother to take care of my kids because hubby was away at work and I was completely incapacitated. I'm sure if you took my bloodwork, my hemoglobin would be down in the basement again. Nauseated, dizzy and unable to keep a single thought straight in my head were just a few more awful symptoms I had with my period. I went to see Dr. X right away. He put me on birth control and I return to see him in 3 months. I did one month of the Nuvaring that he prescribed. My skin does not like it. Nor do I. My period was just as bad, plus now I had side effects from the damn hormones! Month two, the ring lasted a week. It wouldn't fit properly and it was killing me. I just took it out and I'm waiting to see him again. A month and a half to go. Originally I was going to just say "hysterectomy". Get it out and over with. But another major surgery does not appeal to me. Then I heard a radio interview with a woman in a similar situation as me. The difference being, she suffered from uterine fibroids, and well, I don't have a diagnosis yet, but I really think I have endometriosis. (According to my symptoms, I'm textbook.) So this woman on the radio, Holly Bridges, wrote a book called "The UNHysterectomy".(You can find her on Facebook) It's her account of her story as well as a lot of research into women's options and our Canadian health care system. Hysterectomy is the #2 over-prescribed surgery for women. Second to Cesarean Section. Now let me be clear, my doctor, Dr. X, did not advise me to have a hysterectomy. I just figured it was my only option for pain management and sanity. Holly's book has proven otherwise. Now I look forward to my next appointment at the end of May and I will have book and questions in hand. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment